Optimal Dimensioning and Management of Spare Parts
Spare parts logistics means efficient control and dimensioning of spare parts for one or several systems. This requires both practical experience and a solid understanding of the mechanisms and relationships behind spare parts logistics. By structuring, modeling, calculating and evaluating alternative logistics support solutions, a deep understanding of the logistics relationships is achieved.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Identify basic concepts and relationships in spare parts theory
- Find the relevant data for spare parts analyses
- Identify weak points in existing spare parts solutions
- Optimize spare parts inventories by maximizing effectiveness while minimizing costs
- Define goals and strategies to achieve a better spare parts logistics solution
- Measure and verify the effectiveness of the logistics support solution
- Alternative ways of improving the logistics support chain and the operative effectiveness
The course includes many hands-on exercises.
Today there are a number of computer tools for analyzing and optimizing spare parts logistics. One of the most respected and widely used programs is OPUS10 – a spare parts optimization tool that has been developed and steadily improved over the past 35 years. Participants will use OPUS10 to analyze a variety of logistics support concepts and develop an understanding of how different solutions impact a technical system’s operational effectiveness as well as the logistics support organization’s effectiveness.
A case study will also be presented, demonstrating the benefits of using spare parts optimization.
Who should attend
The course is aimed at anyone in a leadership or key position in a project where long-term cost efficient logistics engineering is key to the success of the project. The course is well suited for anyone responsible for purchasing spare parts or for recommending spare parts solutions to customers.
This is a tailored course, aimed at addressing the specific needs and challenges of your organization. For more information, please contact us.
Ska tas bort - vm100_overlay_img